- INVOLVE is a 'Software as a Service' (SaaS) product owned by the Volunteer Centre of Western Australia (INC.) trading as Volunteering WA (VWA) (ABN 24 028 468 144) and used by 'Customer Organisations'.
- INVOLVE recognises that the importance of confidentiality of personal information and is committed to ensuring that information entrusted to INVOLVE is protected against misuse.
Applicable Privacy Legislation
- Nationally – Privacy Act 1988
- Nationally – The Australian Privacy Principles
- ACT – Information Privacy Act 2014
- NSW – Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998
- VIC – Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014
- NT – Information Act 2003 (NT)
- QLD – Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld)
- TAS – Personal Information and Protection Act 2004 (Tas)
- SA – PC012 Information Privacy Principles Instruction, and
- WA – Currently has no legislative scheme but national legislation applies
This policy applies to all employees of VWA, as well as all organisations and users of INVOLVE, regardless of their status as paying customers or not.
The following policy has been developed to outline the maintenance of privacy within VWA and customer organisations ofINVOLVE.
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- Whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not
There are some obvious examples of personal information, such as your name or address. Personal information can also include medical records, bank account details, photos and videos.
INVOLVE will only collect information that is necessary to enable customer organisations to perform their services. THis includes, but is not limited to, information such as:
- Date of birth
- Contact details such as email, address, phone numbers
- Next of kin details
- Relevant medical issues
- Drivers licence details
- Working with children check / working with vulnerable people check details
INVOLVE does not monitor nor restrict the information requested by customer organisations.
Limited Use and Disclosure
- Personal information will not be used nor disclosed by INVOLVE other than the purpose for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
- If you register as an Organisation through our Site we will share the information you provide to us to VWA to assist them to advance the impact of volunteering in Australia.
- INVOLVE may also disclose your personal information to its service providers and contractors from time to time but only for the purpose of assisting us to deliver the products and services we offer to you or to conduct market research about our products and services.
- INVOLVE may also disclose your personal information to its related bodies corporate from time to time but only for the purpose of assisting INVOLVE and its related bodies corporate to provide and improve the products and services offered to users of each of their websites and products including (but not limited to):
- data enhancement and parsing to facilitate product functionality and service quality;
- product development to respond to market changes and customer needs and requests;
- development and improvement of algorithms servicing product functionality (e.g. Search recommendations);
- IT security measures for the benefit of protecting customer data;
- data aggregation to support customer experiences, support services, and data analytics; and
- ensuring the proper and more efficient working of the IT systems and services.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where it is required by law, such as for law enforcement purposes or where there is a threat to a person's safety.
INVOLVE will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information held in order to avoid the misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of this.INVOLVE will take reasonable steps to destroy personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose where it may be used or disclosed relating to the primary purpose of collection.
Any information which we hold for you is stored on secure servers in Australia.
In appropriate circumstances, INVOLVE will provide access to the personal information that is held on employees and volunteers. If a person requires access to personal information held on them, that information is available to them on the INVOLVEplatform.
To obtain access to personal information held on you by INVOLVE, you will be asked to provide proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct person/s and that the privacy of others is not undermined.
Upon request by an employee or volunteer, INVOLVE will provide a copy of the personal information kept on file for that employee or volunteer, except where an exemption to access under the Act applies.
At all times, conduct under this Policy will be governed by the following principles:
- All requests for access will be treated seriously; and
- All requests will be dealt with promptly and in a confidential manner.
Hyperlinks to Other Web Sites
Employee and Volunteer records
The Act does not apply to INVOLVE when it handles current and past employee records for something that is directly related to the employment relationship. INVOLVE will take reasonable steps to ensure that employee records are maintained in accordance with the APPs.
Compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles
Anyone may make an inquiry or complaint about INVOLVE's compliance with the APPs by forwarding an email to email@example.com or letter to the registered office of Volunteering WA.
If an inquiry or complaint is made about INVOLVE's compliance with the APPs, VWA will investigate the inquiry or complaint according to the INVOLVE procedure.
Feedback and Complaints
INVOLVE welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the system. INVOLVE stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the service we provide and may be shared with INVOLVE partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
If you have any complaints about our dealings with your personal information including any breaches by us of any Australian Privacy Principles or any questions regarding this Privacy Statement you are able to submit that complaint or query by contacting us using the methods detailed in the "Contact Us" paragraph below. Any complaints received by us will be promptly investigated and a written response will be provided to you as soon as possible.
If at any time you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, the practices of this Site or dealings with this Site, you can contact via the Contact us page or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer organisation leaders
|Employees and volunteers|